To register on the University Online Store click the blue ‘Book Event’ button on this page.
LIST OF PARTICIPANTS (pdf)
Professor John Gillingham (LSE, emeritus); Professor Elisabeth van Houts (Cambridge); Professor Andy Orchard (Oxford); Professor Elaine Treharne (Stanford)
Topics under discussion include these themes:
- The Church; clerical reform, religious experience
- Literature, authors, and patronage
- Language and multilingualism, language contact
- Institutions and governance; lordship; kingship
- Warfare, battles, conduct in war, fighting men
- Art and material culture
- Society and peoples
- Trade and commerce
- Space, movement, contact, networks; England and Europe, England and Scandinavia
Late paper proposals may be accepted if vacant slots arise and they complement existing sessions.